« Home | Risking » | I want this book » 

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 

`Da Vinci Code' screening is coup for Cannes

Securing Ron Howard's "The Da Vinci Code" for Cannes' red carpet is seen as a major coup for the film fest, London's Guardian newspaper reports.

The movie will debut at the Cannes Film Festival and in French theaters on May 17. The rest of the world will have to wait until May 19.

French cultural authorities have bent over backward to ease the film's production, even allowing cameras into the Louvre Museum to shoot the scenes that take place beneath Mona Lisa's gaze.

At Cannes, the movie will be screened out of competition and won't be eligible for the Palme d'Or award.

Hong Kong's Wong Kar-Wai, director of "2046," presides over this year's jury at the festival, which runs May 17-28.

Organizers try to strike a balance between crowd-pleasers and critically acclaimed films, and between Hollywood blockbusters and art-house flicks.

About me

  • I'm Adrian
  • From Manila, Philippines
  • We cannot change the world and turn it to our own accord. Our own will does not always prevail. I may not know how to manipulate the world, but I know how to destroy it; Unless I am returned to life, nothing left but just a trace of my existence.
My profile

Previous posts

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates